Q#1 – What ingredients are in your exclusive “Vital” skincare line? – BOTANICAL INFO NATURALLY GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN.
Q#2 – Everything you need to know about Brazilian Waxing!
How Much Hair Should You Have?
A general rule of thumb is that hair needs to be 1/4 inch (about the length of a grain of rice) if it’s fine, a half-inch if it’s coarse. This is typically 3-4 weeks of hair growth.Any shorter and it’s too hard for the wax to grab onto. You’ll be sent home if hair isn’t long enough.
What Happens When You Arrive
Most waxings occur in a private room with a door and take between 30 and 45 minutes. You’ll be left alone to remove everything from the waist down and lie on a table covered in clean paper or sheets. It is possible that you may be provided with a paper thong and if not, you can ask for one.
The paper thong may make you feel more comfortable, but with a Brazilian, your modesty is going to be tested. TheEsthetician is going to see everything, so you may choose to forego the paper thong.
How to Cut Down on the Pain
- If you are new to waxing, I don’t recommend starting with a Brazilian. Try a “nice and neat” bikini instead. After a few waxes, you’ll find the waxings are much less painful. Then you can graduate to a Brazilian.
- Book the appointment for at least a week after your period.
- Get waxed regularly every 3-4 weeks. If you wait longer or only get waxed a couple times a year, it will be much more painful.
- Find a salon that uses a “hard wax” which when used correctly can be much less painful than the commonly used soft wax — the melted kind that’s applied and then ripped off with strips of muslin paper. Once applied, hard wax hardens as it cools, shrink-wrapping individual hairs. The wax is then gently pulled off.
- I recommend taking 2 ibuprofen or acetametiphan an hour before your wax.
- If, after the wax, you later develop bumps, redness or ingrown hairs, gently exfoliate the area with alpha hydroxy acid(the word “acid” makes it sound like it will sting, but it doesn’t). See your Esthetician for suggestions. To keep ingrown hairs at bay, exfoliate the area in the days leading up to your appointment..
- “Getting waxed religiously every three to four weeks — throughout the entire year, not just during the bare-all summer months — is the secret to both less pain and better results.Why every 3-4 weeks? That’s typically the exact time it takes for your hair to hit that magical 1/4th inch length. If you have coarser hair, or hair that doesn’t grow fast, you may be able to hold off up to 6 weeks.
Q #3: What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic treatment that holds appeal for those of all ages and skin types. After 5 to 16 sessions with a Esthetician, the benefits of microdermabrasion are appreciated most by people who want to refresh the appearance of their skin without resorting to more time-intensive and invasive procedures..
Microdermabrasion tackles flaws at the surface level, treating only the outermost layer of skin.Microdermabrasion treatments is a form of exfoliation delivered via a hand-held device with a diamond tip wand, after which the dead skin is suctioned up, .Microdermabrasion simply remove the surface layer of dead skin cells through gentle exfoliation. The skin is not wounded or abraded past the epidermis.
Microdermabrasion is a painfuless procedure you may feel a scratching similar to a cat liking your skin.or a vibration, much like a massage. Your skin may be pink and slightly swollen after microdermabrasion, but these side effects typically last a few hours or a day or so for more sensitive skin. Your treating Esthetician will apply a soothing mask after the treatment and give you a sun protection plan to protect your new layer of skin.
Another benefit of microdermabrasion is that this procedure is quick, usually taking forty(express treatment) to sixty minutes(relaxing facial). Treatment of the face takes around a half-hour; treatment of the neck even less–around 20 minutes. You may need several sessions to achieve optimal results.
For All Skin Types
Microdermabrasion is appropriate for cosmetic problems associated with aging skin, such as sun damage, age spots and other types of discoloration and fine lines that occur early in the aging process. But microdermabrasion also benefits those with oily skin, reducing minor acne scarring.Microdermabrasion is a treatment that may be beneficial for blemished skin.
Q#4: What About Skin Peels?
Many skin imperfections are the result of sun damage, aging, acne, or a build up of dead skin cells that clog the pores making the skin appear dull, wrinkled, spotty, scarred and/or patchy.
A chemical peel can dramatically improve the appearance of the skin on the face, hands, neck and décolletage. A chemical peel leaves your skin looking smoother, healthier, plumper and tighter.
A skin peel effectively reduces or eliminates many skin imperfections including:
- Post acne scarring
- Rough patches and dry, scaly skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun spots
- Irregular pigmentation
- Enlarged pores
- Dark circles
SKIN PEEL BENEFITS
A safe, non-toxic chemical solution is applied to your skin that gently polishes or resurfaces the skin, removing the damaged top layers. A skin peel stimulates new cell growth and collagen production to effectively reveal younger looking skin.
- Your skin will be noticeably smoother and fresher looking
- A chemical peel reduces signs of sun damage, dull and uneven skin tone, scars, pigmentation, acne and enlarged pores
- Improves skin texture and condition by removing dead and damaged skin cells
- Your skin will be brighter and clearer as a chemical peel stimulates the growth of healthy skin cells and collagen production
- A skin peel penetrates the skin to smooth rough texture and discolouration
- There are a range of skin peels available designed to treat specific skin conditions and types
- All chemical peels at skin clinics are non-toxic and safe
TYPES OF CHEMICAL PEELS
All of our skin peel treatments are tailored to suit individual clients’ skin type and condition to achieve the best possible results.
At Allure Beauty Lounge, we offer the following skin peel treatments:
- TCA Peel
- Mandelic Peel
- Glycolic Peel
- Salicylic Peel
- Non-Chemical Peel(Facial Infusion)
Typically, a skin peel is classified as light, medium or deep.
A light chemical peel removes the epidermis, the top layer of the skin. It is effective in treating fine lines, age spots, skin discoloration and dryness.
A medium skin peel penetrates the epidermis and the upper layer of the dermis, the middle layer of skin. It is effective in treating deep wrinkles acne, acne scars and pigmentation.
A deep chemical peel penetrates the lower layer of the dermis and effectively treats deep lines and wrinkles, scars and pigmentation.
HAVE YOUR SKIN EVALUATED BY A SKIN EXPERT
Allure Beauty Lounge, our team of Esthetican experts are trained to evaluate your skin type and condition and recommend the most effective chemical peel suited to your skin. We keep you informed of what to expect every step of the way. Before your chemical peel we will discuss your skin goals, the benefits of a chemical peel, post-treatment care for your skin and answer any questions you have about the treatment.
It is best to do a series of treatments for maximum results it is recommended to treat the skin for 6 months – 1 year in 3-4 week intervals. Depending on the condition of the skin a combination of chemical peels and microdermabrasion will give optimal results.
It is also recommended to have one our skin care professional design a custom home care regimen from our medical grade skin care line. Using the proper skin care products on a daily basis will help to accelerate the process of clearing skin from acne.wrinkles, and discoloration.